The answer for the headline is “easy”. Vietnam is a friendly investing environment in recent years. Vietnam has many policies to encourage and welcome foreign business.
Generally, a representative office is an office established by a company or a legal entity to conduct marketing and other non-transactional operations in other countries.
These are some benefits of representative office:
– Do marketing
– Do local customer service directly
– Conduct research to develop new projects
– Foreign staff of the representative office can apply for a work permit in Vietnam.
The procedure to register a representative office is easy. Some basic documents to prepare are:
– The agreement to set up the representative office from headquarter
– Copies of the branch charter
– Copies of the Business Registration Certificate or equivalent documents of the headquarter
– Copies of audited financial statements or certificates of the fulfillment of tax liabilities or financial obligations of the last fiscal year
– Copies of the office leasing documents which is conformable with Vietnam law
– A letter of appointment of the head of the representative office
– Copies of the passport or ID card (for Vietnamese) or copies of the passport (for foreigners) of the head of the representative office
There are some notes to choose representative office:
– The legal documents for setting a representative office must be translated into Vietnamese. Some business lines require other special additional documents.
– The location of a representative office sometimes plays an important role in the success of the business. However, if you want to change the location of the office later, it is not a big problem.
– The business lines need to be appropriate with Vietnam law. Therefore, it is better that you get to consult with a Vietnamese lawyer before setting up the representative office.
– If you need to hire local staff, then make sure that you understand Vietnam labor law.
If you have more questions, feel free to leave the comments below. Or contact us via phone and email.